This site was last updated on: March 11, 2013
Please read and understand all information on this site.
Juniors will play on Mondays starting at 11:00 for 2013
Juniors start on June 10th and end August 12th
No Play on July 1st or July 22nd
Como's Junior Golf Program offers kids an opportunity to access Como Golf Course on a regular basis during the summer. Junior golfers play golf in a fun but structured atmosphere every Monday starting with the first Monday after school lets out for the summer.(June 11th - August 6th)
Our program is for golfers who are at least 12 years old through newly graduated high school seniors.
We do not offer golf instruction as part of our program.
Juniors must make their own tee times. We do not have any standing tee times. You can make tee times 2 weeks in advance either in person or on the phone.
There will be a tee sheet in the Pro Shop 2 weeks before the Program start date and you must call or stop in to make your tee times.
- The registration fee to join the Junior Program - $65.00
- Greens Fees are included in the registration fee.
- There are no additional fees.
- Golfers are responsible for supplying golf equipment including clubs, balls, bag, tees, pull carts etc.
We require that you conduct yourself in a courteous manner at all times while you are at Como Golf Course.
- You are expected to respect other's right to an enjoyable golf experience.
- Any actions deemed inappropriate by the Como Golf Staff may cause your playing privileges to be suspended.
- We want ALL of our juniors to feel comfortable and have a great time playing and learning the game of golf!
GOLF ETIQUETTE & PACE OF PLAY
Besides knowing the RULES OF GOLF, understanding GOLF ETIQUETTE is the most important lesson you can learn. No matter what your score may be if you are courteous and keep up with the people playing in front of you, you will be welcome wherever you play.
Here are some tips:
- Arrive early at the course, warm up and BE READY TO PLAY at least 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Don't move, talk or stand too close to a player making a stroke. It is not only distracting; it is dangerous.
- Wait until the group ahead of you is OUT OF RANGE before you make your shot....and NEVER WALK IN FRONT OF A PLAYER MAKING A STROKE!
- If you hit a shot that goes astray, either into the players ahead of you - or into any area where others are playing yell FORE loud and clear!
- ALWAYS PLAY WITHOUT DELAY! No one likes to hurry a shot, but if you HURRY TO your shot and as your walking think about what club you will use, you will greatly improve the pace of play. YOUR JOB IS TO KEEP UP WITH THE GROUP AHEAD OF YOU.
- Never leave your bag or cart in front of the green. Always place them away from the green towards the next hole.
- Don't mark scores on the green. Go to the next tee and record your score there.
- REPLACE DIVOTS....YOURS AND OTHERS!
- Take care not to walk across the line of someone else's putt. Always be aware of where you are on the green.
- Never place yourself on the line of sight of a player, or too close behind a player.
- Remember....YOUR SHADOW can be distracting.
- Lay the flag and clubs down carefully on the green.
- REPAIR ALL BALL MARKS on the green.
- Remove the ball from the hole with your hand. NEVER with the club.
- Replace the flagstick carefully in an upright position.
- Enter and exit bunkers from the low side...not the high side. The edge of bunkers breakdown easily if you are not careful.
- You may take the rake with you into the bunker to expedite play.
- Always rake the bunker smooth for the next player.
Will juniors receive any instruction?
No. We do not teach golf, we provide an opportunity for juniors to enjoy golf with their peers.
How do I reserve my tee time?
Call Como and identify yourself as a member of Como Junior Golf and make your reservation within the remaining time slots. You can also make a tee time before or after you golf on Monday for the following 2 weeks. If you forget to make a tee time come to the course by 11:00 AM and I will get you out!! Call or stop in 2 weeks before the program start date for your 1st week tee time and then 1 week before the program start date for you 2nd week tee time.
Can I golf on Monday during the Como Juniors closed tee times if I am not a paid member of Como Junior Golf?
No. If you want to participate in the Como Junior Golf Program you must register and pay the registration fee.
Will I be on a team?
No. You can golf with anyone. If you have friends in the program you can make tee times together.
Is this program for boys and girls?
Yes. In fact we would like to see more girls in the program.
What time do the juniors play?
This year the juniors will start at 11:00 and go until done.(about 2 hours) We like to fill the times from early to late to keep the kids grouped together. Please plan on being at least 15 minutes early for your tee time.
What is the minimum age allowed?
You must be at least 12 years old.
No. This time is for Juniors Only. No exceptions.